Karma® MVP 502 (KM-5000.2) Reclining Manual Transport Wheelchair is a winner of the Taiwan Excellence Award 2015 for its high quality design and build.
- ARTICULATING LEGREST: The articulating leg rest extends in length as it elevates, allowing the leg to extend freely and thus easing pressure on the knee.
- ANTI-SLIDING V SEATING SYSTEM: The V-shaped seat slopes downwards at a 20-degree angle near the backrest to help reduce forward sliding and pressure sores.
This significantly reduces shearing between the user’s back and the back of the wheelchair and the need for the attendant to reposition the user.
- HYDRAULIC PRESSURE SUPPORT SYSTEM: The MVP 502’s reclining system is composed of two hydraulic gas springs that provide a smooth, controlled motion. They minimize shock and stabilize the reclining speed. The attendant can lift the wheelchair user back to an upright position with greater efficiency.
- FOLDABLE PUSH BAR: Attached to the push handles of the wheelchair, the push-bar makes it easy to push and maneuver the wheelchair with just one hand and at the same time reinforces the structure of the wheelchair. It also helps alleviate the pain and fatigue that comes from pushing a wheelchair. There is no need to detach because it folds with the wheelchair for easy storage and transportation.
- ADJUSTABLE FLIP-BACK ARMREST: The armrest is pivotally connected to the backrest and follows the natural movement of the arm when the backrest reclines. You can adjust the height of the armrest by moving it up or down until you find the ideal height. No tools required. The armrest also flip-backs for easier transport, on and off the wheelchair.
- ERGONOMIC HEADREST: The ergonomic headrest provides perfect support from lateral sides and occipital side, relieving neck and shoulder pressure. The headrest is also designed not to restrict lateral vision for the user.
- TENSION ADJUSTABLE BACKREST AND SEAT: Unlike conventional wheelchairs, the backrest and seat use adjustable Velcro straps to change the tension and conform according to the wheelchair user. This helps prevent slouching and the hammock effect
- PRESSURE-RELIEVING SEAT AND BACK CUSHION: An extra thick foam cushion that is 3-cm thick, it is comfortable and detachable for easy cleaning.
- FOLDABLE BACKREST AND FRAME: Extremely compact once folded for easy storage and transportation.
- AEGIS MICROBE SHIELD: The upholstery is treated with Aegis Microbe Shield, which is approved by the FDA, EPA, EU, etc.. The anti-microbial upholstery inhibits bacterial and fungal growth, eliminates odor and is designed for easy cleaning. It is a shield for your health.
- CRASH TEST APPROVED: MVP 502 is approved for transportation in accordance with ISO 7176-19. This means it is suitable to be used as a seat in a motor vehicle for transportation.
- AVAILABLE OPTIONS: Choose between attendant-propelled wheelchair with 14″ rear wheel or self-propelled wheelchair with 22″ (fixed or quick-released) rear wheel.
DISCLAIMER: Product price, availability, specifications & features are subject to change without prior notice.